Sign up for Propel to take part in a growing tradition of research excellence
The academic-year-long Propel Research Mentorship Program will host its third cohort beginning this fall. As the 2023-2024 Propel application deadline approaches next week on Friday, August 4, it’s a great time to reflect on this young program’s growing track record of success. Mentees who participated in the first two Propel cohorts have garnered more than $10.5 million in new award funding. Propel mentees from the most recent cohort that wrapped up in April 2023 have already submitted more than a dozen new proposals to funding agencies. Propel has helped USC’s outstanding early career faculty rack up all these wins in only two years, making the program’s impact clear. The Office of the Vice President for Research encourages all new and early-career faculty to take advantage of this opportunity to get a boost in research funding success, and apply for Propel today. Applications are due by next Friday, August 4.
Take a look: Fresh USC research stories
USC researchers have been making headlines across the university this summer. The Office of the Vice President is pleased to share some recent stories of USC research success and impact.
- 2021-2022 Propel Mentee Glenn Weaver advances childhood obesity research with two new NIH grants
- Professor Qiana Whitted publishes new book examining the history of Black representation in comics, featuring an essay by USC Sumter professor Andrew Kunka
- Age Ready series translates interdisciplinary College of Social Work research into independent-living workshops for Richland County seniors
- USC College of Engineering and Computing professors embark on four-year project to guide earthquake-resistant structure design in South Carolina
Join us for the 2023 Summer Research Symposium today at the Thomas Cooper Library
The USC Office of Undergraduate Research will host the 2023 Summer Research Symposium today in the Hollings Program Room at the Thomas Cooper Library. This summer’s symposium is bigger than ever, with two poster sessions featuring nearly 100 presentations by undergraduate student researchers who have worked with USC faculty mentors this summer. Download the program (pdf) for a complete list of presentations, and plan to join us for one of the two sessions today:
- Morning Session: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Session: 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
27 July 2023