All buildings and most outdoor common areas of the Columbia campus have wireless access. The wireless network is secure and requires that computer operating system updates are current and that antivirus software is installed and updated.
- Encrypted access
- Available in most buildings, residence halls, and outdoor common areas
- Must be a faculty or staff
- Must know your Network Username and password
- Computers must have the latest operating system updates
- Windows users, go to the Microsoft Update site.
- Mac users, click on the Apple on your menu bar, and select Software Update.
- Computer must have a antivirus installed and updated. Symantec Endpoint Protection is available at no charge for all faculty and staff from my.sc.edu.
- Must log in to the network with your Network Username and password in a browser.
- Must refresh your browser and log in to re-authenticate to the network every seven days.
- Know your Network Username and password.
- Select the wireless instructions for your computer or device.
- You should use the secure uscfacstaff network for computers and mobile devices.
- You should not use the uscguest Not only is the guest network unsecure, but there are limited connections available.
- The connection speeds on the wired and wireless network are virtually the same. In some areas of campus, the wireless network uses newer technology and is faster than the wired network.
- University guests can use the unsecure uscguest network.