Blackboard is an online learning management system that instructors use to deliver course materials. Your instructor may use Blackboard to post course materials, announcements, important dates, assignments and grades.
Blackboard is used in both traditional face-to-face classes and those taught online. A Blackboard course is automatically created for every university course. However, not all instructors use Blackboard. Your instructor will let you know if they use Blackboard.
- View important announcements
- Access course materials
- Securely submit assignments
- Take online quizzes and exams
- Collaborate with instructors and class participants via discussion forums, wikis and blogs
- Email instructors and class participants
- Network Username and password
- Enrolled in at least one course
- The Blackboard URL is https://blackboard.sc.edu.
- Log in to Blackboard with your Network Username and password.
- Only courses you are enrolled in or have taken previously are listed in Blackboard.
- Your university email address (i.e. @email.sc.edu) is the default email address in Blackboard. You can change the email address to your preferred email address, e.g. Gmail or Yahoo, etc.
- You can send email to other people in your course from within Blackboard without opening your email program. Emails can be sent to instructors, individuals, groups or all class participants. Emails are sent to and read in your email account; email messages are not retained in Blackboard.
- Maintenance is performed on Blackboard each winter break after graduation and final grades are processed. Blackboard is not available while the maintenance is being performed.