Several programs and features supported by Adobe will no longer be available at the end of this calendar year. Adobe Connect and Adobe Presenter will be discontinued as a service at UofSC at the end of the Fall 2020 semester. In addition, Adobe Flash player will retire on Dec. 31, meaning several voicemail features that are currently supported by Flash will no longer be available. Here’s what you should know:
Adobe Connect and Adobe Presenter:
- If you use or have used Adobe Connect you should have received messages with instructions
on how to retrieve your content.
- If you are a faculty member who uses Adobe Presenter for instructional content, be
sure to download all files ASAP.
- If you need to save or archive Adobe Connect meeting recordings, you will have until
Dec. 18, 2020, 11:59 pm EST to save and download all files.
- Help is available through the UofSC IT Service Desk (803-777-1800), the Center for Teaching Excellence, or the Office of Distributed Learning.
- Due to theannouncement by Adobe that Flash player will be retired at the end of 2020, several voicemail features will be unavailable after Dec. 31, 2020.
- The site myvoicemail.uts.sc.edu, which allows users to listen to voicemail online, operates with Adobe Flash player. Therefore,
it will no longer be supported after Dec. 31, 2020.
- Users will no longer have access to the Avaya Call Center CMS reporting system, which
allows users to check metrics for live and historical reporting, after Dec. 31, 2020.
- Users can still check voicemail by calling 803-777-6245, or the Messages button on
their landline phone, if applicable.
To ensure the safety of your computer, we recommend all users uninstall Flash Player before December 31, 2020. Uninstall Instructions can be found here:
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the UofSC IT Service Desk at 803-777-1800.