Here's How It Works
If you are a student who applied to graduate and indicated you will participate in the commencement ceremony, you can log into our online portal to record your name and provide phonetic pronunciation. The name pronunciation portal open and close dates are posted on our Deadline Dates page. Please be sure to log in and complete the process before the portal closes!
- To ensure the correct pronunciation of your name, we strongly encourage you to record your name as you would like it pronounced.
- Once the portal closes, a professional announcer will record every graduate's name.
- If you choose not to complete the process below, your name will still be recorded in advance by an announcer based on professional judgement.
- At commencement, graduates will receive a barcoded name card on their chairs. This barcode is linked to your pre-recorded name file.
- During the ceremony, when instructed to rise and walk across the stage, be sure to have your barcoded name card with you.
- Before crossing the stage, a commencement marshal will collect your barcoded name card for it to be scanned and announced.
- Please wait to hear your name announced before crossing the stage.
- Congratulations on your academic achievements!
Take These Steps
- Access our Online Portal.
- Choose the Please Click Here to Register link.
- Enter your UofSC assigned student email address (ex. @email.sc.edu) to register your account.
Please note that the website registration will only work if you register with the email address where you received this email.
- Once you register your account, you will receive a confirmation email prompting you to create a password.
- Login to the online portal and complete the form.
- To record how you would like your name pronounced, enter your phone number and you will receive a call prompting you to record your name.
- After recording your name, finalize the form and submit it.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your UofSC student email address.
Please complete our Contact Us form if you encounter any issues completing the steps above. Select Commencement Name Pronunciation in the Message Subject field and type your question or concern.