These are exciting times for the university! As we continue to provide world-class instruction to our students, we want to ensure the available space meets the needs of our faculty and students. The Office of the Provost is conducting a space audit that includes an inquiry into how dedicated labs on campus are used. Please complete the form below for each of your college-assigned classrooms and lab spaces.
On behalf of the Office of the Provost, we truly appreciate your time in assisting us with this audit.
Before Starting This Form
- Familiarize yourself with category definitions.
- Determine in advance how your class laboratories (210) fall into categories.
- Photograph all class laboratories (210) in advance so that you can conveniently upload rooms photos while completing the form for each room. These photographs will be uploaded and displayed in 25Live.
- Specialized Lab Classroom - A dedicated lab with specialized equipment utilized primarily for credit bearing courses. Specialized lab classrooms are not conducive to lecture instruction or labs outside of the college. Specialized lab classrooms are typically monitored or locked when not in use.
- Specialized Lecture Classroom - A specialized lecture classroom with specialized equipment utilized primarily for credit bearing courses. Specialized lecture classrooms are not conducive to lecture courses outside of the college. Specialized lecture classrooms are monitored or locked when not in use.
- Lab/Lecture Classrooms - Lab/lecture classrooms which serve both lab and lecture needs and are open/accessible during regular class times. Lab lecture classrooms do not follow standard days and times due to lab scheduling. Lab/Lecture Classrooms may be available for use to other colleges at any available standard days/times by permission.
- Dedicated Lecture Classrooms - Dedicated lecture classrooms which are open/accessible during regular class times. Lecture Classrooms may be available for use to other colleges at any available standard days by permission.
Benefits of Converting to a General Purpose (110) Classroom
General purpose (110) classrooms are scheduled centrally by the Office of the University Registrar using standard meeting times. These classrooms are eligible for classroom enhancements including physical room improvements (paint, flooring, window coverings, etc.), furniture, and audio/visual equipment. Each year the Classroom Enhancement and Scheduling Committee (CESC) recommends to the University’s Capital Planning Committee a list of classrooms for renovation and/or audiovisual equipment upgrades. Rooms are selected based on size, usage, age of furnishings and finishes and feedback from faculty and academic departments. General purpose (110) classrooms are setup in a lecture format including desks, tables and chairs, or auditorium seating.
Complete the form below for each class laboratory (210) assigned to your college. Fields marked with a red asterisk are required.
Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding this form, please email us at email@example.com.