Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
|Department:||Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
|Office:||Room 2207, Storey Innovation Center|
- Assistant Professor, University of South Carolina, August 2018-Present
- Postdoctoral Associate, Carnegie Mellon University, 2016-2018
- Postdoctoral Associate, Imperial College London, 2014-2016
- Ph. D., Dublin City University (2014)
- M.S., Amirkabir University of Technology (2006)
- B.S., Amirkabir University of Technology (2003)
Professor Jamshidi's research interests focus on advancing a scientific, principled understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Systems, with an eye towards computer systems analysis (e.g., understanding their performance behavior, reasoning about qualities and making tradeoff) informed by careful empirical work. He is also interested in connections among computer systems, AI/ML, and software engineering. Pooyan has spent seven years in the software industry before starting his Ph.D.
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning: Data-efficient machine learning, Gaussian processes, deep reinforcement learning, Bayesian optimization, probabilistic models, deep neural net.
- Autonomous Systems: Probabilistic modeling, reasoning, handling uncertainty, learning under uncertainty, dynamic reconfigurations.
- Computer Systems: Performance optimization, optimizing energy consumption, Fuzzy control, AI/ML systems, distributed systems.
- Software Engineering: Highly-configurable systems, software architectures.
- Applications: Robotics, big data, stream processing systems.