Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
|Department:||Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
|Office:||Room 2207, Storey Innovation Center|
- Assistant Professor, University of South Carolina, August 2018-Present
- Postdoctoral Associate, Carnegie Mellon University, 2016-2018
- Postdoctoral Associate, Imperial College London, 2014-2016
- Ph. D., Dublin City University (2014)
- M.S., Amirkabir University of Technology (2006)
- B.S., Amirkabir University of Technology (2003)
Professor Jamshidi's research involves developing theories in Causal AI and Statistical ML and applies the theories to solve problems in Computer Systems, Robot Learning, and Software Engineering. He is, in particular, interested in Causal Representation Learning, Transfer Learning, Reinforcement Learning, ML Security/Explainability, and ML for Systems.
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning: Data-efficient machine learning, Gaussian processes, deep reinforcement learning, Bayesian optimization, probabilistic models, deep neural net.
- Autonomous Systems: Probabilistic modeling, reasoning, handling uncertainty, learning under uncertainty, dynamic reconfigurations.
- Computer Systems: Performance optimization, optimizing energy consumption, Fuzzy control, AI/ML systems, distributed systems.
- Software Engineering: Highly-configurable systems, software architectures.
- Applications: Robotics, big data, stream processing systems.