Faculty and Staff
Denise Sgroi Davis
|Title:||Instructor, Integrated Information Technology
|Department:||Integrated Information Technology
College of Engineering and Computing
Suite 202 #118
519 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Ms. Davis holds master's degrees in Computer Science and Medical Physics. She brings to the classroom 12 years of experience in the fields of clinical research technology, decision support services and data warehousing. As a medical physicist, she worked for several years as a co-investigator on NCI funded grant at the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston Texas. She worked as an Oracle DBA/systems engineer at a datacenter that warehoused government healthcare information technology. She was responsible for the design and implementation of many data driven applications on the web, with her primary focus on the backend including data modeling, analytics design, scientific computing, and database technology.
Ms. Davis considers herself a lifelong learner and is currently pursuing her PhD in HealthCare Informatics here at the University of South Carolina.
- M.S. Computer Science, University of South Carolina
- M.S. Physics with Concentration in Medical Physics, East Carolina University
- B.S. Double Major in Physics and Math, University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- Magellan Scholar Award “Real-time Patient Monitoring on Wearable Devices Using Neuromorphic Computing” December 2020. Praful Chunchu, Denise S Davis, MS and Ramtin Zand, Phd.
- Best Poster Competition American Association of Physicists in Medicine Spring 2021, “Deep Learning and Image Segmentation of 3D MRI Images of Multiple Brain Metastases for Stereotactic Radiosurgery”.
- Awarded funding from University of South Carolina and BRAID group to attend the 2020 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (GHC), September 2020.
- Coach of the Year for First Robotics Lego Competition in South Carolina, 2015.
- Medical and HealthCare Informatics
- Medical IoT
- Big Data Analytics
- Deep Learning
- Web and Information Technology
- Data Driven Decision Making
- ITEC 562 Advanced Web Support Systems
- ITEC 370 Advanced Database Support Systems
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
- IEEE Women in Engineering
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- AAPM American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- Medical/Professional Certifications
- American Board of Radiology-Therapeutic Radiological Physics