Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
- Ph.D., Molecular Biology, Indian Institute of Science, 1987
- M.S., Microbiology, University of Baroda, 1981
- B.S., Microbiology, Gujrat State University, 1979
Dr. Patel's research interests include molecular regulation of vascular endothelial and smooth muscle cells.
- Marc S. Penn, Chandrashekhar V. Patel, Mei Zhen Cui, Paul E. DiCorleto and Guy M. Chisholm (1999) LDL increases inactive tissue factor on vascular smoth muscle cell surfaces; hydrogen peroxide activates latent cell surface tissue factor. Circulation 99, 1753-1759.
- Chandrashekhar V. Patel, Rajesh Sharangpani and Paul E. DiCorleto (1999) Endothelial cells express a novel TNF-alpha regulated varient of HOXA9. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 1415-1422.
- Chandrashekhar V. Patel, Indhira Handy, Tiffany Goldsmith, and Rekha C. Patel (2000) PACT, a stress-modulated cellular activator of interferon-induced double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase, PKR. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 37993-37998.
- Rekha C. Patel, Indhira Handy, and Chandrashekhar V. Patel (2002) Contribution of double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase toward antiproliferative actions of heparin on vascular smooth muscle cells.
- Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 221, 439-1444.