AIISC seeks to be a leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its applications, starting with the US Southeast. In addition to several core research areas in AI, it supports comprehensive interdisciplinary and translational research in AI across the university, and support workforce and economic development in the state through education, technology, and commercialization. As a university-wide institute, it has collaborations with a majority of the colleges on the campus.
- Carry out highly competitive, world-class research in AI in core AI topics and in interdisciplinary AI
- Develop AI education and workforce development through:
- Additional AI courses
- Certificate and degree program in AI
- Interdisciplinary AI training targeted at workforce development
- Economic development with patents, small business innovation research and small business technology transfer, collaborative industry project, licensing/technology transfer and commercialization
- Social Development with projects in social good and health