The first step in applying to the Washington Semester Program is to submit the online application. The application is due by 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 6, 2022.
Invited applicants will need to be available for the following:
- Virtual Interviews: Sunday, March 13
- Orientation in Columbia, SC: Sunday, March 20 (Time TBD)
In addition to the online application, applicants are responsible for ensuring that the following materials reach the Washington Semester Program by the application deadline:
- A statement (approx. 500 words) that discusses how the Washington Semester Program relates to your personal, academic and professional goals.
- A current resume.
- A transcript showing all college-level work attempted, including the current semester. It need not be an official transcript. It must show the classes you have taken, the grades earned and the cumulative GPA.
- One letter of recommendation addressed to "The Selection Committee." This letter should be from a college faculty member familiar with your academic work. The recommendation letter may be uploaded as part of the online application (pdf format) or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All University of South Carolina students must submit a completed FERPA Waiver consent to release form [pdf].
Please note it is recommended that you have all your application materials ready to prior to submitting the online application. Letters of recommendation can be sent by the recommender directly to Erica Elbery at email@example.com or can be uploaded as part of the online application (if uploading, letters must be in .pdf format).