Faculty and Staff
College of Engineering and Computing
Nano Energy and Engineering Laboratory
Dr. Hu's research interests include modeling and simulation of micro-/nano-scale thermal transport in novel energy systems, in particular low-dimensional materials and nanostructures, and energy nanotechnology, interfacial heat transfer for advanced thermal management, and multi-scale and multiphysics modeling of complex energy transport process.
- Dr.-Ing., Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2006
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 2001
- Yanguang Zhou, Shiyun Xiong, Xiaoliang Zhang, Sebastian Volz, and Ming Hu, "Thermal Transport Crossover from Crystalline to Partial-Crystalline Partial-Liquid State", Nature Communications, 9, 4712 (2018).
- Jia-Yue Yang and Ming Hu, “Temperature Induced Large Broadening and Blueshift in the Electronic Band Structure and Optical Absorption of Methylammonium Lead Iodide Perovskite”, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 8, 3720 (2017).
- Yanguang Zhou, Xiaoliang Zhang, and Ming Hu, “Nonmonotonic Diameter Dependence of Thermal Conductivity of Extremely Thin Si Nanowires: Competition between Hydrodynamic Phonon Flow and Boundary Scattering”, Nano Letters 17, 1269 (2017).
- Yanguang Zhou and Ming Hu, “Record Low Thermal Conductivity of Polycrystalline Si Nanowire: Breaking the Casimir Limit by Severe Suppression of Propagons”, Nano Letters 16, 6178 (2016).
- Huake Liu, Guangzhao Qin, Yuan Lin, and Ming Hu, “Disparate Strain Dependent Thermal Conductivity of Two-dimensional Penta-Structures”, Nano Letters 16, 3831 (2016).
- Yanguang Zhou, Xiaoliang Zhang, and Ming Hu, “Quantitatively Analyzing Phonon Spectral Contribution of Thermal Conductivity Based on Non-Equilibrium Molecular Dynamics Simulation I: From Space Fourier Transform”, Physical Review B, 92, 195204 (2015).
- Matthew C. Wingert, Soonshin Kwon, Ming Hu, Dimos Poulikakos, Jie Xiang, and Renkun Chen, “Sub-Amorphous Thermal Conductivity in Ultra-Thin Crystalline Silicon Nanotubes”, Nano Letters, 15, 2605 (2015).