Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Professor, Chemical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Center
Dr. Shimpalee's CV
Ph. D., University of South Carolina, Columbia, 2001
M. S., Bradley University, 1998
B. S., Chiang Mai University, Thailand, 1992
Dr. Shimpalee's current research is in the area of renewable energy including fuel cells, energy storage, high temperature thermal system, and bioenergy. His expertise is to use multi-scale and multi-dimensional modeling combine with electrochemistry to understand the physics inside their complex systems particularly in the transport phenomena.
- 1. M. Sepe, P. Satjaritanun, S. Hirano, I. V. Zenyuk, N. Tippayawong, and S. Shimpalee, "Investigating liquid water transport in different pore structure of gas diffusion layers for PEMFC using lattice boltzmann method,” J. of Electrochemical Society, 167, 104516, 2020.
- J. Lopata, Z. Kang, J. Young, G. Bender, J. W. Weidner, S. Shimpalee, “Effects of the transport/catalyst layer interface and catalyst loading on mass and charge transport phenomena in polymer electrolyte membrane water electrolysis devices,” J. of Electrochemical Society, 167, 064507, 2020.
- D-W Choi, M. Ohashi, C. A. Lozano, J. W. Van Zee . P. Aungkavattana. S. Shimpalee, “Sulfur Diffusion of Hydrogen Sulfide Contaminants to Cathode in a Micro-tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cell,” in press Electrochimica Acta, 2019.
- S. Shimpalee, P. Satjaritanun, S. Hirano, N. Tippayawong, J.W. Weidner, “Multiscale Modeling of PEMFC Using Co-Simulation Approach,” J. of Electrochem. Soc., 166(8), F534-F543, 2019.
- P. Satjaritanun, S. Hirano, A. D. Shum, I. V. Zenyuk, A. Z. Weber, J. W. Weidner, and S. Shimpalee, “Fundamental Understanding of Water Movement in Gas Diffusion Layer under Different Arrangements using Combination of Direct Modeling and Experimental Visualization,” J. of Electrochem. Soc., 165(13), F1115-F1126, 2018.
- A. L. Martin, P. Satjaritanun, S. Shimpalee, B. A. Devivo, J. W. Weidner, S. Greenway, M. Henson; C. Turick, “In-situ Electrochemical Analysis of Microbial Activity,” accepted AMB Express, 8, 162, 1-10, 2018.
- S. Shimpalee, V. Lilavivat, H. Xu, J. R. Rowlett, C. Mittelsteadt, and J. W. Van Zee, “The Effect of Membrane Properties on Performance and Transports inside Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells,” J. of Electrochem. Soc., 165(11), F1019-F1026, 2018.
- P. Satjaritanun, E. Bringley, J.R. Regalbuto, J.A. Regalbuto, J. Register, J.W. Weidner, Y. Khunatorn, and S. Shimpalee, “Experimental and Computational Investigation of Mixing with Contra-Rotating, Baffle-Free Impellers,” J. of Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 130, 63-77, 2018.