Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Professor, Chemical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
|Resources:||Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Center|
CV of Dr. Shimpalee
Ph. D., University of South Carolina, Columbia, 2001
M. S., Bradley University, 1998
B. S., Chiang Mai University, Thailand, 1992
Dr. Shimpalee's current research is in the area of renewable energy including fuel cells, energy storage, high temperature thermal system, and bioenergy. His expertise is to use multi-scale and multi-dimensional modeling combine with electrochemistry to understand the physics inside their complex systems particularly in the transport phenomena.
- D-W Choi, M. Ohashi, C. A. Lozano, J. W. Van Zee . P. Aungkavattana. S. Shimpalee, “Sulfur Diffusion of Hydrogen Sulfide Contaminants to Cathode in a Micro-tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cell,” in press Electrochimica Acta, 2019.
- S. Shimpalee, P. Satjaritanun, S. Hirano, N. Tippayawong, J.W. Weidner, “Multiscale Modeling of PEMFC Using Co-Simulation Approach,” J. of Electrochem. Soc., 166(8), F534-F543, 2019.
- P. Satjaritanun, S. Hirano, A. D. Shum, I. V. Zenyuk, A. Z. Weber, J. W. Weidner, and S. Shimpalee, “Fundamental Understanding of Water Movement in Gas Diffusion Layer under Different Arrangements using Combination of Direct Modeling and Experimental Visualization,” J. of Electrochem. Soc., 165(13), F1115-F1126, 2018.
- A. L. Martin, P. Satjaritanun, S. Shimpalee, B. A. Devivo, J. W. Weidner, S. Greenway, M. Henson; C. Turick, “In-situ Electrochemical Analysis of Microbial Activity,” accepted AMB Express, 8, 162, 1-10, 2018.
- S. Shimpalee, V. Lilavivat, H. Xu, J. R. Rowlett, C. Mittelsteadt, and J. W. Van Zee, “The Effect of Membrane Properties on Performance and Transports inside Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells,” J. of Electrochem. Soc., 165(11), F1019-F1026, 2018.
- P. Satjaritanun, E. Bringley, J.R. Regalbuto, J.A. Regalbuto, J. Register, J.W. Weidner, Y. Khunatorn, and S. Shimpalee, “Experimental and Computational Investigation of Mixing with Contra-Rotating, Baffle-Free Impellers,” J. of Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 130, 63-77, 2018.
- C. Corgnale, S. Shimpalee, M.B. Gorensek, P. Satjaritanun, J. W. Weidner, W. A. Summers, “Numerical Modeling of a Bayonet Heat Exchanger-based Reactor for Sulfuric Acid Decomposition in Thermo-Electrochemical Hydrogen Production Processes,” Intl. J. of Hydrogen Energy, 42(32), 20463-20472, 2017.
- J.R. Rowlett, V. Lilavivat, A.S. Shaver, Y. Chen, A. Daryaei, H. Xu, C. Mittelsteadt, S. Shimpalee, J.S. Riffle, J. E. McGrath, “Multiblock Poly(arylene ether nitrile) Disulfonated Poly(arylene ether sulfone) Copolymers for Proton Exchange Membranes: Part 2 Electrochemical and H2/Air Fuel Cell Analysis,” Polymer, 122, 296-302, 2017.