The College of Information and Communications recognizes the value of telecommuting for our employees. Telecommuting is a management tool allowing for flexibility in work options, but it's not suitable for all employees or positions.
- Telecommuting does not change the basic terms and conditions of employment. It is a management option and not a universal employee benefit.
- The decision to allow an employee to telecommute is solely at the discretion of the College of Information and Communications.
- The university/college may revoke the approval of any employee to telecommute at any time, with or without notice.
- CIC has approved eligible employees to telecommute a maximum of one scheduled day per week. However, exceptions may be requested by an employee’s supervisor to the CIC Dean’s Office.
- CIC eligible employees are not permitted to telecommute on Mondays or Fridays.
- If an employees scheduled telecommuting day falls on sick/annual leave or university holiday, the holiday and/or leave supersedes the scheduled telecommuting day for that week. This does not allow employees to change their scheduled day.
Please contact Rachel Rolli (email@example.com) with questions.
Policies and Procedures
The CIC follows the university’s telecommuting policy HR 1.22.
Eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Must have satisfactory job performance and EPMS review
- Employees new to the university must complete their six-month internal review and be satisfactory on all job duties (exceptions may be requested by employee’s supervisor)
- Employees transferring within the university must complete their three-months internal review and be satisfactory on all duties (exceptions may be requested by employee’s supervisor)
- Employees must be classified as one of the following job codes:
- AH10, AH15, AH35, AH45, AA75, AG15
- CB70, CB75, CB80
- BC20, BC30
Telecommuting requests are now submitted electronically through PeopleSoft HCM. Employees should not begin telecommuting until telecommuting request has been approved by all required parties (Supervisor, HR Manager and Employee Relations) .
All employees must apply and be approved to telecommute. Complete the following steps to submit your request:
- Login to PeopleSoft HCM
- Should be viewing “Employee Self Service”
- Select “Remote Worker” tile
- Select “Add Request”
- Enter “Start Date”
- Enter “End Date” (Do not Exceed 1 Year)
- Select “Remote Worker Type” – Hybrid
- Select “Next”
- Telecommuting Information and Policies
- Assessment Tool
- Acknowledge Telecommuting Agreement
- Verify Address
- Verify W4 Information
- Request Details
- Remote Worker Type – “Hybrid”
- Remote Work Reason – “Campus/Division/Department”
- Remote Location – Make Selection
- Remote Days – “Average Days Per Week”
- Average Days/Week – Enter number of days according to the college’s policy and/or approved by your supervisor
- Complete/Upload Equipment Inventory List (attached)
- Review and Submit
Supervisors and employees encouraged complete the following forms to establish clear telecommuting expectations:
Once telecommuting requests have been submitted through PeopleSoft HCM, requests are then reviewed and approved by employee’s supervisor, CIC Human Resources Manager and Employee Relations.
Employee’s and supervisors will be contacted electronically regarding telecommuting approval or if additional information is needed to review the request .
Employee’s approved to telecommute are required to submit this Monthly Telecommuting Activity Report.
- All fields are REQUIRED
- If an employee does not telecommute on their scheduled day for any reason, JotForm must be completed for that week notating (worked in office, on leave, paid holiday, etc.)
The Monthly Activity Report must be submitted no later than the 7th day of the following month.
Failure to submit form by deadline, will result in:
- First Offense: Written warning .
- Second Offense: Suspension of telecommuting agreement for 6 months.
- After the 6-month suspension, employee must resubmit a new telecommuting request.
- Telecommuting activity submissions will be reviewed and approved by employee supervisor and college human resource manager.
Telecommuting agreements must be renewed annually!
Additionally, an agreement must be updated if conditions change. Conditions may include changes to your date of telecommuting, job duties or specific provisions within the telecommuting agreement. Renewals will occur July 1st unless your supervisor deems it necessary to review/update your telecommuting agreement prior to that date.
The following employees have been approved to telecommute.