Why take your education beyond the classroom?
Imagine you’ve just been offered a job at a company with global reach like BMW, ESPN or Google. You'll be working with colleagues from around the world. The only catch? You've never ventured outside your community. How will you excel with no experience working with people from different cultures? How will you solve problems you've never encountered before? Employers know that international experience can give employees a leg up — we're here to help you get it.
Be part of our low-cost study abroad trip to Spain!
Your Savings: We created an experience everyone can afford
- No program fees for this trip, saving you more than $2,000!
- Free accommodations for four weeks.
- Free daily breakfast and dinner in Barcelona
- Free Barcelona metro pass for 30 days.
- Many free excursions in Spain
- Includes a free four-day excursion to France.
- In-state class tuition for all.
This trip requires a COVID vaccination and boosters, which must be completed at least eight weeks before departure. A digital copy of all vaccinations will be required at a later date.
- USC tuition for two 3-credit CIC courses ($1,550 per class – estimated).
An additional $280 in class / technology fees (estimate).
- Airfare: $900 - $1,100 (you can book your own flight).
- USC Study abroad application and required emergency international insurance: $180.
- Approximately $30 per day to cover lunch, snacks, night life and souvenirs.
- $500 deposit to secure your spot in the class.
Four weeks in Spain + two CIC faculty + two CIC classes . . .
Get ready for the experience of a lifetime as you expand your education outside the classroom to see and experience a different world.
Pre-departure: The Barcelona trip will require you to attend three meetings prior to the class start. They will be held in February, March and April, and are mandatory.
When: Arrive June 2 – depart June 30
Who: All College of Information and Communications majors — no prerequisites required. Sorry no CIC minors at this time.
Classes: Participants are required to take two classes on this trip:
- JOUR 596 — Barcelona Multimedia: See It. Live It. Tell It.
- JOUR / SLIS 499 — International Communication
CIC scholarships available: The college has many $1,000 study abroad scholarships available for this trip. Apply Now»
Still can’t afford the trip?
Meet with Scott Farrand to discover more options firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information before applying?
Can't commit to the trip yet because you need more information? If so, submit this Interest Application and we will get back in touch with you
Are you ready to go?
Do not wait too long because there are limited spots and we expect the class to be full before the first of the year. A $500 deposit secures your seat in the class. Deposit is 100% refundable until February 15, 2023.
Barcelona Application and Deposit Link
Need more information?
Email study abroad coordinator Scott Farrand at email@example.com