THIS CLASS IS FULL FOR SUMMER 2022
Why take your education beyond the classroom?
Imagine you’ve just been offered a job at a company with global reach like BMW, ESPN or Google. You'll be working with colleagues from around the world. The only catch? You've never ventured outside your community. How will you excel with no experience working with people from different cultures? How will you solve problems you've never encountered before? Employers know that international experience can give employees a leg up — we're here to help you get it.
Be part of our first low-cost study abroad trip to Spain!
- No program fees for this trip, saving you almost $2,000!
- Free accommodations for four weeks.
- Free ground transportation in Barcelona.
- Several free excursions in Spain.
- In-state tuition for all.
- UofSC tuition for two 3-credit CIC courses.
- Airfare: $800 - $900 (you can book your own flight).
- UofSC Study abroad application and required emergency international insurance: $150.
- Approximately $30 per day to cover food, night life and souvenirs.
- $125 for a surprise excursion to France.
Four weeks in Spain + two CIC faculty + two CIC classes . . .
Get ready for the experience of a lifetime as you expand your education outside the classroom to see and experience other cultures.
When: June 2 - 30
Who: All College of Information and Communications majors — no prerequisites required
Classes: Participants are required to take two classes on this trip:
- JOUR 596 — Barcelona Multimedia: See It. Live It. Tell It.
- SLIS 202 — Intro to Information Literacies and Technology
Class size: 50 - 60
Faculty Trip Leaders:
- Kim Thompson – School of Information Science
- Scott Farrand – School of Journalism and Mass Communications
CIC scholarships available: $1,000 - $1,500
The college has some study away scholarship funding available for these courses.
Additional information: Email email@example.com