Why take your education beyond the classroom?
Imagine you’ve just been offered a job at a company with global reach like BMW, ESPN or Google. You'll be working with colleagues from around the world. The only catch? You've never ventured outside your community. How will you excel with no experience working with people from different cultures? How will you solve problems you've never encountered before? Employers know that international experience can give employees a leg up — we're here to help you get it.
Be part of our low-cost study abroad trip to Spain!
Four weeks in Spain + two CIC faculty + two CIC classes . . .
Get ready for the experience of a lifetime as you expand your education outside the classroom to see and experience a different world.
When: Arrive June 2 – depart June 30
Your Savings: We created an experience everyone can afford
- No program fees for this trip, saving you more than $2,000!
- Free accommodations for four weeks.
- Free daily breakfast and dinner in Barcelona
- Free Barcelona metro pass for 30 days.
- Many free excursions in Spain
- Includes a free four-day excursion to France.
- In-state class tuition for all.
- USC tuition for two 3-credit CIC courses ($1,550 per class – estimated).
An additional $280 in class / technology fees (estimate).
- Airfare: $1,100 - $1,600 (you can book your own flight).
- USC Study abroad application and required emergency international insurance: $180.
- Approximately $25-30 per day to cover lunches, snacks, a few dinners, night life and souvenirs
- $600 deposit to secure your spot in the class (a portion will be applied to your tuition costs)
Who: All College of Information and Communications majors — no prerequisites required. Sorry no CIC minors at this time.
Classes: Participants are required to take two classes on this trip:
- JOUR 596 — Barcelona Multimedia: See It. Live It. Tell It.
- JOUR / SLIS 499 — International Communication
Class size: Limited number of students this year so do not delay to submit a deposit.
Pre-departure: The Barcelona trip will require you to attend three meetings prior to the class start. They will be held in February, March and April, and are mandatory.
CIC scholarships available: The college has many $1,000 study abroad scholarships available for this trip. Deadline to apply is Dec. 1. Apply Now»
Still can’t afford the trip?
Meet with Scott Farrand to discover more options firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Deposit
Do not wait too long because there are limited spots and we expect the class to be full before the first of the year. A $600 deposit secures your seat in the class. Deposit is 100% refundable until Feb. 1, 2024.
Can't commit to the trip yet because you need more information? If so, submit the application at this time and we will keep in touch with you (remember your spot will not be secured until a deposit is received).
Need more information?
Email study abroad coordinator Scott Farrand at email@example.com