Mary Caldwell was a former public relations faculty member of the School of Journalism and Mass Communications who kindly left an endowed scholarship to the college. Caldwell had a passion for travel and often led classes outside the classroom so students had an opportunity to expand their college experience. She firmly believed in the value of seeing and experiencing new places and cultures to make them better communicators and wanted to help students who faced financial barriers.
The School of Journalism and Mass Communications awards scholarships to students participating in study abroad courses sponsored by the College of Information and Communications. This year, we anticipate awarding $1,000 - 1,500 scholarships to approximately 12 students participating in one of the following trips:
- Barcelona, Spain: June class/trip
Faculty contact: Scott Farrand: email@example.com
- Munich & Berlin Germany: Maymester class/trip
Scott Farrand: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship:
- Learn about the trip. Contact the professor leading the trip and/or attend an interest meeting for the CIC study abroad trip you are interested in to learn about course details, deadlines and costs.
- Complete the online study away interest application.
- Complete the study away scholarship application.