Adobe Creative Cloud
The College of Information and Communications offers graduate students access to Adobe’s Creative Cloud, a collection of more than 20 applications and services for graphic design, photo processing, web design and more.
If you are a graduate student enrolled in one of our programs and are interested in using this software, please begin the process by filling out this form.
Once your enrollment status has been verified, you will be provided access and receive an email from CICTECH with further instructions.
If you have your own personal subscription, it is your responsibility to terminate this subscription with Adobe.
Important information from Laura Thorp
First, the Spring 2022 schedule is now available to view in Self Service Carolina. This means that you can now view the full course information for all Spring 2022 graduate courses (including instructors, any synchronous meeting times, etc.). You should take a look through the available courses so you can begin planning your Spring 2022 schedule. You can also view a complete listing of the Spring 2022 courses. This schedule may be subject to change, so be sure to check the link provided and Self Service Carolina for the most updated version of the spring schedule.
Registration time tickets for Spring 2022 begin on Monday, November 8 for graduate students. These come through Self Service Carolina and can be found under Student > Registration > Registration Notices and Holds. If you don’t have a time ticket you should check with the Registrar (803-777-5555). If you are able to register (i.e. your Registration Status displays all green check marks), please register as soon as you are allowed to so your schedule will be correct.
If you have holds on your account, please resolve this as soon as possible in order to update your registration status so you can register for Spring 2022. If you need any help resolving a hold, please reach out to me or your advisor. The most common holds that prevent registration are:
- An immunization hold - this can be resolved by submitting the Distance Learner Immunization Waiver form (for fully online students) found by logging into myhealthspace.ushs.sc.edu. This form must be submitted every semester, so you will have to submit it again even if you have submitted it previously.
Students taking face-to-face courses (PhD students) must submit their full immunizations records and cannot submit a waiver for this requirement.
For students who started in Summer 2021 or Fall 2021, make sure you've submitted all required official transcripts to the UofSC Graduate School. This is a common hold for new students in particular, and there is still plenty of time to get this resolved prior to registration opening for Spring 2022.
An unpaid balance on your bill from a previous semester - this kind of hold can be resolved by paying the balance in full or setting up a payment plan with the Bursar's Office.
Related to this, you should all reach out to your assigned advisor to set up an advising appointment for Spring 2022. Advising appointments are important for making sure you're on track to graduate, ensuring you're taking courses relevant to your area of interest, and making sure there aren't any gaps or surprises that need to be addressed sooner rather than later. Advisors will be sending out separate emails about setting up advising appointments for Spring 2022, but as a reminder:
- All School Library Media students should reach out to Shana Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule their advising appointments.
- All LIS/General Track students should reach out to Amy Smedberg (email@example.com) to schedule their advising appointments.
- All PhD students should reach out to their faculty advisor/director or to me (Laura Thorp, firstname.lastname@example.org) if they do not have a faculty advisor at this time (or if they would like to verify where they are in their coursework/requirements).
Advising can take place via email, phone call, videoconference, or in person in Davis College this semester (please be aware of the university's masking and social distancing policies in place for face-to-face meetings).
Finally, please keep the following important dates in mind:
- Last day to drop a Fall 2021 course without receiving a WF: November 3
- Deadline for Spring 2022 *non-School Library* Internship Applications: November 1
- Deadline for Spring 2022 Independent Study Applications: November 1
- Graduate Student Registration begins: November 8