The School of Library and Information Science community strongly condemns the systemic and systematic oppression of black people, indigenous people and all people of color.
Important Announcements from Laura Thorp
Spring/Summer 2021 Graduation:
On Thursday, I will be sending out a separate email for those students graduating this semester (Spring 2021) or this summer (Summer 2021). In the meantime, if you are planning to graduate this spring or summer, keep the following deadlines in mind:
- If you are graduating in Spring 2021, you MUST apply for graduation by February 15. You can apply for graduation by logging into Self Service Carolina (my.sc.edu) and selecting Student > Graduation > Apply to Graduate.
- If you are graduating in Summer 2021, you need to email me (email@example.com) by February 15 to notify me of your intention to graduate this summer. It is very important that you do this so I can make sure everyone who needs it receives all relevant graduation information and receives a portfolio reviewer.
Spring 2021 Professional Development Workshops:
We've scheduled several professional development workshops for this semester. I'll send out separate emails with detailed information ahead of each session, but go ahead and make note of these workshop dates:
- iSchool Grad. Student Town Hall - Wednesday, February 3, 6pm-7pm
- Resume Writing & Interview Tips - Friday, February 19, 3pm-4pm
- Spring 2021 Portfolio Workshop - Friday, March 12, time TBD
- Professional Communication Workshop - Wednesday, March 31, time TBD
- Job Market Panel - Monday, April 19, time TBD