The Non-Returners Survey is designed to gather valuable feedback from students who have decided not to return to USC. The primary goal of this survey is to identify areas where the university can improve its programs and services to better meet the needs of students. By completing this survey, students can provide specific feedback on their reasons for not returning, including academic, personal, and financial factors
Throughout the semester, as advisors learn that students do not plan to return to USC.
The UAC also distributes this survey to all non-returning students after the add/drop deadline of the current term. Students who have completed the survey already will not receive another invitation to complete it.
Survey Completion Processes
The process for getting students to complete the Non-Returners Survey is designed to be simple and efficient.
If advisors learn that a student does not intend to return to USC while they are in your office:
- Pull up the Non-Returners Survey on your computer or device.
- Ask the student to complete the survey while they are there.
- To ensure the student's privacy, you may turn your screen so that you cannot see the student's responses or leave the room to give the student a confidential space to complete the survey.
- Alternatively, ask the student to scan the QR code below and complete the survey on their phone before leaving the office
If advisors learn that a student does not intend to return to USC via email or other electronic means:
- Share the Non-Returners Survey with the student.
- Sample email language is provided below to help advisors communicate with students about the survey.
- Encourage the student to complete the survey at their earliest convenience.
Dear [Student Name],
I'm sorry to hear that you will not be returning to USC. We value your feedback and would appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out our short survey to let us know your reasons for not returning. Your input will help us improve our programs and services for future students. Here's the survey link:
Thank you for your time and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
[Academic Advisor Name]
Text 1: Hi – I'm sorry to hear that you do not plan to return to USC. We’d love to gather some information.
Text 2: Please tell us about your reasons for not returning here: https://sc.edu/about/offices_and_divisions/advising/student_advising_resources/non_returners_survey.php