Can’t find what you’re looking for or have a great idea for a new group on campus? Awesome! We want to help you get started and provide you with the information you need to turn your idea into a reality. Follow the steps below:
- Review our current list of clubs and organizations to confirm that the idea you have is not already in place. (Two clubs of a similar purpose can coexist however special approval from the Student Life office is required)
- Are you a Club or Organization? Typically, the differentiation between a club and an organization is the new group’s affiliation. If the group is affiliated with a department or academic unit on campus, then you are probably an organization. If the group is simply a collection of like-minded students or students with similar interests, then the group is a club.
- Draft a constitution for your new club/organization using our sample constitution.
- Draft a budget based on how much you believe it would take to create and maintain the club/organization per academic year.
- Enlist at least 3 student officers and 1 staff or faculty advisor for the club/organization.
- Send all documents to the Student Life office for review: email@example.com
If you have any questions about starting your own club or organization that is not addressed above, please contact the USCL Student Life office directly:
Starr Hall 106