The University of South Carolina will host the annual Awards Day ceremony to honor student excellence on Thursday, April 21 at 2 p.m. at Colonial Life Area. College of Engineering and Computing students from each of the 10 undergraduate programs will be recognized for their achievements.
Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership
Nominated by faculty or staff, the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership recognizes a graduating senior for significant contributions to the CEC. The award recipient has provided outstanding leadership to a CEC student organization and has positively impacted the college’s brand through service as a CEC ambassador.
The 2022 Dean's Award for Outstanding Leadership recipient is Katrina Wohlgemuth, Mechanical Engineering.
“Earning the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership means so much to me because I have been pouring my heart into leadership since my freshman year by always trying to grow in my leadership abilities and encourage others to do the same. Receiving an award for being a leader helps me see that others have noticed the time and effort I have put into my student organizations.
The CEC has helped enhance my leadership skills by providing over 40 student organizations. I have been the most involved in the Society of Women Engineers, starting as social chair and finishing as president. Through the CEC, I have also been able to participate in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, the CEC Peer Mentoring Program, the CEC Ambassador Program, and have even been the secretary for the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers.”
Outstanding Senior Awards
The UofSC Outstanding Senior Awards are given by the CEC to graduating seniors from each degree program. Recipients are faculty recommended and selected based on demonstrated academic excellence, undergraduate research participation, and active involvement in the college and university community.
The South Carolina Society of Professional Engineers (SCSPE) Outstanding Senior Awards are given to graduating seniors in seven CEC degree programs. Recipients are faculty recommended and selected based on demonstrated academic excellence and contributions to the engineering profession.
Earning this award is a formal recognition of my work to not just succeed but excel in my field. I am beyond grateful as it reassures me that I have left a mark on this program and university.
-Nolan Foreman, Biomedical Engineering Senior
Click on the different programs to read about the recipients time at the CEC and being honored as an Outstanding Senior.
- Hailee Cook, Biomedical Engineering*
- Nolan Foreman, Biomedical Engineering
- Alyssa Fernandes, Chemical Engineering
- Jeremy Money, Chemical Engineering*
- Kiera Hughes, Civil and Enviromental Engineering*
- Pressley Perry, Civil and Enviromental Engineering
- Dimitris Amiridis, Computer Engineering
- John Angelidis, Computer Information Systems
- Joseph Masterson, Computer Engineering*
- Ishrat Singh, Computer Science
- Nathan Stofik, Electrical Engineering*
- David West, Electrical Engineering
- Hannah Gardner, Integrated Information Technology
- Kiersten Crouse, Mechanical Engineering
- Igor Kiyanitsyn, Aerospace Engineerinng*
- Nicholas Kozma, Aerospace Engineering
- Rachel Slattery, Mechanical Engineering*
- Katrina Wohlgemuth, Mechanical Engineering**
*Denotes The South Carolina Society of Professional Engineers (SCSPE) Outstanding Senior Awards
**Denotes The Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership