Faculty and Staff
Lauren Vincent Thomas, MPH
Health Promotion Education & Behavior
|Department:||Math, Science, Nursing, and Public Health
|Office:||Exercise Science Suite, Carole Ray Dowling Building|
|Resources:||Schedule a meeting|
Lauren Thomas has spent over 15 years in the public health field in the Carolinas, shaping community conversations ranging from smoke-free policies to litter prevention, from walkable communities to preventing unintended pregnancies. In her courses, students will recognize the strength of their own local expertise and community perspective. Students will learn proven strategies that improve health and research local data for strategic direction. Finally, students will engage with community partners in meaningful dialogue about what health strategies are most feasible to implement and can be sustained long-term.
Lauren's professional interest and personal curiosity lies in identifying ways to make green spaces more accessible to all people.
- 2009 - Graduate Certificate in Health Communications, University of South Carolina
- 2007 – Master of Public Health in Health Promotion Education and Behavior, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina
- 2005 – Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications, University of South Carolina
- HPEB 300 - Introduction to Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior
- PALM 495 - Service Learning
- Active community environments
- Asset-based community development
- Social determinants of health