About the Endowment
The SIPA Endowment was established September 14, 1994. Its purpose is
- to provide financial security for future annual convention costs.
- to offer scholarships to students and advisers to attend SIPA conventions and Carolina Journalism Institutes.
- to support advisers in the Southern region with mentors through a national journalism program.
- to offer college scholarships to outstanding scholastic journalism students.
- to expose students and adviser to state-of-the-art instructors.
- to support publications and/or programs through technology grants.
Ways to Donate
You can donate online or mail a donation to the SIPA office.
- Lifetime Membership — $500. Advantages of Lifetime Memberships: (1) they stay with advisers who change schools; (2) all publications under a lifetime member have free memberships; (3) all Lifetime Memberships fees go directly to the SIPA Endowment. To purchase a lifetime membership, sign up through the membership form!
- Adviser Recognition — Current or former students may choose to donate money to honor their adviser (present or past).
- In Honor — Donations made in honor of living individuals or staffs who have made a difference
- In Memory — Donations made in memory of a loved one
- SIPA Auction — Each year advisers attending the convention enjoy an auction to raise money for the endowment. Even if you can't attend the auction you can donate gifts and items to be sold.
All lifetime members, adviser recognition and in honor and in memory of honorees are printed in the SIPA program, put on a plaque that hangs in the SIPA office and can be found online.
SIPA Endowment Committee:
Chair: Karen Flowers (Irmo, S.C.)
- Marilyn Chapman (Florence, S.C.)
- Beth Dickey (Columbia, S.C.)
- Chris Floore (Macon, Ga.)
- Sue Gill, Stafford HS (Falmouth, Va.)
- Brenda Gorsuch, West Henderson HS (Hendersonville, N.C.)
- Coni Grebel, Lee County HS (Leesburg, Ga.)
- Adrienne Hollifield (Black Mountain, N.C.)
- Melanie Huynh-Duc, Northwest Guilford HS (Greensboro, S.C.)
- Mary Inglis, Wellington HS (Wellington, Fla.)
- Amy Medlock-Greene, Dutch Fork HS (Irmo, S.C.)
- Rebecca Piner, University of South Carolina (Columbia, S.C.)
- Martha Rothwell (Statesville, N.C.)
- Lori Vincent, Ola HS (Ola, Ga.)