YouTube and Auto-Generated Captions
YouTube automatically uses speech recognition technology to try to generate captions, but they will not be entirely accurate and may not be ready when you upload the video. You will need to manually edit these captions and ensure their accuracy.
Instructions for Editing Captions
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles.
- Click the video you want to add captions or subtitles to.
- Under “Subtitles,” click "More" next to the subtitles you want to edit.
- Review automatic captions and edit or remove any parts that aren’t accurate.
Need More Help?
See YouTube’s guide for editing or removing existing captions.