How the Event Works
Our Decision in a Day events are not only when we award our largest fellowships, but also allow you to complete our entire application process in just a few short hours. Students who attend these events are looking for admission into our MACC program for the following spring, summer or fall semesters and can enjoy early admission well before our first deadline. By participating in Decision in a Day, you can also waive the essay and recommendation letter requirements of our application.
You choose which Decision in a Day event you want to attend — virtual or on-campus. If you attend the virtual event, there are multiple opportunities to visit our campus either before or at a later date, including our First Friday events.
Applicants must submit their application and required materials by the following deadlines:
|Event Date||Event Type||Registration Deadline||Application and Materials Deadline*|
|Friday, Oct. 25||Virtual||Tuesday, Oct. 15||Thursday, Oct. 17|
|Saturday, Oct. 26||On Campus||Tuesday, Oct. 15||Thursday, Oct. 17|
*Submitted applications and application materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. to finalize your attendance at the event.
How to Participate
- STEP 1: Register online for the Decision in a Day event of your choice by Oct. 15. Please note: Registering for Decision in a Day does not guarantee an invitation to the event; it merely expresses your interest in attending. Formal invitations will be extended to registrants once eligibility has been determined.
- STEP 2: Email your unofficial transcript(s), GMAT score(s) or waiver request, and TOEFL/IELTS scores (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org for event eligibility confirmation. Transcripts from non-US schools need to be converted to the US 4.0 scale using a member of the NACES. Study abroad classes taken at a non-US school included on your US school transcript do not need to be converted.
- STEP 3: Wait for an eligibility confirmation email and formal invitation to the event before submitting your online application. Event-specific application instructions and required materials will be outlined in this email.
Event Eligibility Requirements
- GPA: minimum 3.25 (cumulative OR most recent 60 hours)
- Major GPA: minimum 3.00
- GMAT: minimum score of 570 OR received GMAT waiver
- (International applicants only) TOEFL: 100 total OR IELTS: 7.0 total and 7.0 in each section OR received waiver
Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive an official event invitation via email after we have confirmed your eligibility. Your invitation will include detailed instructions on what to do next, including event-specific application instructions. If you can, please wait for this email before submitting your application because you are unable to edit or update your application once it's submitted.
Apart from one event being virtual and the other on-campus, no. We balance financial awards between the two events so your award would be the same at either event. If you attend the virtual event, we encourage you to visit our campus if you haven't already for one our First Friday events or a personal MACC one-on-one meeting.
For both the on-campus and virtual event, please dress business professional.
Yes. Each applicant, whether on-campus or virtual, will be assigned specific interview times. Your interview times will be assigned the week of the event, and you will be informed of your itinerary via email. For on-campus participants, please do not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes before your interview.
You will interview with some combination of firm professionals and MACC faculty. Your interviews will either be one-on-one with an interviewer or with multiple people at the same time. You will not have group interviews with other event participants.
You can expect to have at least two rounds of interviews, each about 15-20 minutes each. Each interviewer will be supplied with a copy of your resume and are free to ask whatever they want! Expect questions on academic and professional goals and past work or internship experience. Don't worry — no accounting test questions.
Firm professionals are typically senior managers, directors, partners or shareholders for public accounting firms, although the lowest level professional that may attend is a manager.
Firms participating in previous Decision in a Day events include Deloitte, EY, PwC, Grant Thornton, Dixon Hughes Goodman, Elliott Davis and Greer Walker.
Unfortunately, since these events are when we award our largest financial award packages, the event minimum requirements are strictly enforced. However, the event requirements are not the same as our general admission requirements. You can still be admitted to our program — and receive a financial award package — by going through our normal admissions process.
First, have you applied for our GMAT waiver? If you do not qualify for a waiver, since these events are when we award our largest financial award packages, the event minimum requirements are strictly enforced. However, the event requirements are not the same as our general admission requirements. You can still be admitted to our program — and receive a financial award package — by going through our normal admissions process.
Your admissions and financial award decisions are based on your academic performance, GMAT score/waiver, resume, interview performance and other compelling factors. A GMAT waiver is considered a neutral factor that neither increases nor decreases your potential award. A strong GMAT performance can positively impact your potential award. If you have received a GMAT waiver and are planning on taking the exam, please defer attending Decision in a Day until after you have taken the exam.