- Use in materials intended for members of the Carolina family who would understand the connection to the athletic “Block C” logo.
- Always use it in conjunction with a university or unit logo.
- Use on promotional items and informal communications.
- Crop the tailfeathers so that they appear to bleed off the page or into an element.
- Use the appropriate file for your materials — the downloadable ZIP includes multiple file formats and in both CMYK for print and RGB for screen.
- Do not use in place of the official University of South Carolina logo.
- Do not combine the graphic with other words or symbols to create a new logo.
- Do not change the colors of the files. Note: The tailfeathers should always be used in garnet and black. The USC 1801 mark may be used in garnet, black or white.
- Do not modify the USC 1801 spirit mark file in any way.
- Do not use on letterhead, business cards, signage, official uniforms, vehicles, social media avatars, websites, external building signage or in any official capacity.
The USC 1801 spirit mark can be customized with some limited text in the banner below the USC lettering. Each version of the USC 1801 spirit mark must be pre-approved and produced by the Division of Communications and Marketing.