- Major: Secondary Education
- Degree: Master of Teaching
- School/College: Education
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer and Fall Application Deadline: January 15
Spring Application Deadline: October 15
- Graduate Record Exam, Miller Analogies Test, or Praxis II Content Exam Scores for
the Following Specialized Areas:
- Minimum Score of 168 in English Language Arts: Content & Analysis (Test Code: 5039)
- Minimum Score of 150 in Mathematics: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5161)
- Minimum Score of 148 in Biology: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5235)
- Minimum Score of 152 in Chemistry: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5245)
- Minimum Score of 130 in Physics: Content Knowledge (Test Code: 5265)
- Minimum Score of 153 in Social Studies: Content & Interpretation (Test Code: 5086)
- Official Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- M.T. Supplement and Professional Program App
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer Semester
Areas of Concentration
- Natural Sciences
- Social Studies
A Note from the Program
This program, exclusively for qualified USC-Columbia graduates, is the culminating master's degree year which includes full-time student teaching/internship and leads to initial teacher certification in the student's major/content area.