- Major: Social Work
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
- School/College: Social Work
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Application Deadline: January 15
- Official Transcripts
- Three letters of reference providing evidence of scholarly potential.
- Resume (outline education, work and volunteer activities)
- Personal Statement
- Your career goals
- How earning a PhD will help you achieve your career goals
- Why you want to pursue a PhD at the UofSC College of Social Work
- What, if any, experience you have conducting research or evaluation (i.e. with a faculty member, for employment, etc.)
- Your major research interest and focus
- What personal and professional experiences have influenced your research interest and focus
- How, if at all, your research interest and focus fits with the program's emphases on community-engaged, trans-disciplinary research (i.e., team science) and leadership for social change
- GRE Score (Applicants with less than 3.0 undergrad GPA)
- Writing sample (i.e., published paper, master’s thesis or major classroom assignment)
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores (International non-native English speakers)
Applications Accepted for ...
- Fall Semester