- Major: Dance Studies
- Degree: Master of Art
- School/College: Arts and Sciences
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer: March 1
- Official Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation from individuals with whom you have studied and/or worked
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume illustrating education and experience in dance (teaching and/or professional performance/choreography)
- Personal Statement(400-500-word statement of interest and goals for graduate study)
- Writing Sample (a research paper, artistic, or pedagogical philosophy)
- A Vimeo or private You Tube link of two current solo performance, choreography, and/or teaching samples, no longer than 20 minutes each, that highlight your strengths in the field of dance. Please ensure that you and your work are easy to identify in each video
Applications Accepted for These Semesters
- Summer Semester
A Note from the Program
The Master of Arts in Dance Studies provides a broad-based curriculum that prepares students for future graduate study and creative and academic leadership in the profession. Coursework enables students to enhance and extend their pedagogical and artistic practice and develop an educational foundation that aligns with general, and focused, artistic, scholarly, and/or pedagogical goals relevant to a variety of specializations within the field.