If you do not have substantial prior coursework in linguistics (graduate coursework or an undergraduate degree), you should apply for the summer session.
- Major: Linguistics
- Degree: Master of Arts
- School/College: Arts and Sciences
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Application Deadline: May 1
- Official Transcripts
- Official GRE Score
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (international students)
- Personal Statement
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Summer Semester
Areas of Concentration
- Anthropological Linguistics
- English/French/German/Spanish Linguistics
- Historical Linguistics
- Philosophy of Language
- Phonological Theory
- Second/Foreign Language Acquisition
- Syntactic Theory
- Teaching English as A Second/Foreign Language