- Major: Civil Engineering
- Degree: Master of Science
- School/College: Engineering and Computing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Fall Preferred Application Deadline: May 1
Spring Preferred Application Deadline: September 1
International Applicants Deadline: International applicants should have the application submitted and all supporting documents finalized 1 month prior to above noted deadlines to allow for the VISA process.
- Statement of Intent, 1-2 pages in length (clearly indicate the program area of interest and summarize your motivation to pursue graduate studies)
- Curriculum Vitae (to include: Education, General Research Interests, Publications, Computer Skills, Work Experience, Teaching Experience, Awards & Honors)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Test Score
- Official TOEFL Exam Scores (for international students whose native language is not English, IELTS scores accepted where TOEFL is not available)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer Semester (graduate course offerings limited in summer)
Areas of Concentration
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources
A Note from the Program
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Science Degree, Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of South Carolina. We are currently developing courses in the Railroad area of interest to meet the growing demands in support of Rail systems throughout the US.