- Major: Biological Sciences
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
- School/College: Arts and Sciences
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Fall Application Deadline: January 1
International Applicants: Submit your application and all supporting documents one month prior to the application deadline to allow for the VISA process.
- Official Transcripts (unofficial attached to application at time of submission)
- Official GRE Score (unofficial attached to application at time of submission)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL/IETLS Score (if applicable, unofficial attached to application at time of submission)
- Personal Statement: 1 - 2 pages in length (clearly indicate the program area of interest and summarize the motivation to pursue graduate studies)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (to include: Education, General Research Interests, Publications, Computer Skills, Work Experience, Teaching Experience, Awards and Honors)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
Areas of Concentration
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Plant Science
A Note from the Program
Admission is competitive. At a minimum, prospective students are expected to meet all entry requirements of the Graduate School of the University of South Carolina and to have earned a baccalaureate or higher degree in a Biological Sciences related field with at least a 3.0 GPA. Applicants to the program are required to have taken the general GRE with no minimum score mandated by the department. Students whose native language is not English must submit language proficiency test scores. Please upload unofficial copies of all transcripts and test scores at time of application submission. Ensure that all documents are received and processed by deadline. Incomplete applications will not be viewed. Prospective students should apply to the program of their choice, but realize that the number of spaces available is limited.