- Major: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Degree: Master of Science in Nursing
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer Application Deadline: January15
- Minimum of 3.0 Undergrad GPA (all programs' transcripts are reviewed)
- Letters of Reference (from masters prepared registered nurse or physician)
- Personal Goal Statement (should reflect program outcomes)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Residence
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Summer Semester
A Note from the Program
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Program is designed to prepare graduates to provide holistic, mental health care integrating neuroscientific principles of behavior, experience and psychopharmacology with psychotherapy, consultation and trauma-related care across the lifespan. The PMHNP will be prepared to practice in diverse settings including nurse-managed clinics, inpatient psychiatric facilities, home health, private psychiatric practices, addition centers, general ambulatory clinics, and schools. Graduates are eligible to sit for the American Nurses Credentialing Center's PMHNP exam.
This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.