The Graduate School along with the Office of the Provost and the College of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce the 2019-2020 cohort of the Bridge Humanities Corps. This program aims to provide advanced doctoral students and newly minted Ph.D.s with advanced training in pedagogy and professional development to bridge the transition from completion of degrees to meaningful careers. Corps members receive a stipend for their participation in the program and for teaching sections of SAEL 200 or its Carolina Core equivalent in the fall and spring semesters.
The 2019-2020 Bridge Humanities Corps represents six departments from the College of Arts and Sciences and includes five ABD students and three newly minted Ph.D.s:
- Tiffany Beaver, Ph.D., Philosophy
- Kristen Brown, Ph.D. student, English
- Stephen Chicoine, Ph.D., Sociology
- Lewis Eliot, Ph.D. student, History
- Rachel Mann, Ph.D., English
- Andrew Walgren, Ph.D. student, History
- Yuleng Zeng, Ph.D. student, Political Science
- Jingsheng Zhang, Ph.D. student, Languages, Literatures and Cultures
For more information about the Bridge Humanities Corps program, contact Dr. Heather Brandt, Associate Dean in the Graduate School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.