Aug. 24, 2020
Upcoming Office of Career Management updates for students
- Business EXPO: Business EXPO is going virtual this fall, but that doesn’t mean students won’t have
the chance to meet recruiters from dozens of companies. OCM will be hosting two events
to meet the demand of Moore School students: Sept. 23 and Oct. 27. Both events are
hosted on the Career Eco platform, so make sure to log in today and start building your profile.
- Undergraduate Career Coaching: Undergraduate students who wish to take advantage of virtual drop-in hours with
their career coaches can do so between 3-5 p.m. Monday through Thursday starting Aug. 31.
Students can find the link in the “OCM Drop-In Hours” section of the Moore School
Sophomore/Junior/Senior Career Management Community on Blackboard.
- Graduate Career Coaching: Graduate career coaching will be virtual as well, and students should reach out
to their specific career coach assigned to work with their graduate program for one-on-one
- Search for jobs and internships: Hundreds of positions are open in Handshake for both full-time jobs and internships.
Here is a small sampling of companies with open positions below, but make sure to
log in to Handshake to see the full list of positions open to Moore School students:
State Farm Insurance
Techtronic Industries (TTi)
- Interviewing: All interviews will be virtual with the interview method determined by the employer.
Handshake will still be the platform students will use to apply for positions and learn the specifics about how employers will host interviews. Students
can request to use one of the OCM interview rooms. or to participate in a scheduled
one-on-one virtual interview by contacting Carolyn Isaac-Black at Carolyn.firstname.lastname@example.org. They will then receive a confirmation email with time and interview room number.
- Employer Engagement: Employers will continue to virtually visit classrooms and student organizations and hold online information sessions. Handshake will still be the platform students will use to learn about employer events and register to attend. If students have employer contacts that would like to connect with the OCM in order to recruit Moore School students, please forward the contact information to email@example.com, and they will follow up immediately.