Vision: A powerful learning arena where passionate students, teaching excellence and industry leaders come together to advance the world’s customer experience industries.
The college's mission is to prepare the next generation of leaders in our fields by integrating experiential learning, teaching excellence, impactful research and industry collaboration. We do this across a dynamic, highly synergistic blend of academic areas dedicated to the industries that ultimately create and improve customer, guest, fan and patron experiences around the world.
The college offers five undergraduate degrees and five graduate degrees across four primary fields of study:
- Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
- Sport and Entertainment Management, and
- Interdisciplinary Studies.
Home to more than 2,500 students, 100 award-winning faculty and staff and with more than 20,000 alumni around the world, HRSM is a passionate and diverse community of lifelong-learners, scholars, leaders and entrepreneurs.
- 17 percent growth in student enrollment from 2015–2018
- 67 percent increase in international student enrollment from 2015–2018
- No. 1 in the U.S. for Sport Sciences (ShanghaiRankings)
- No. 6 in the world for master's programs in sport management (SportBusiness International)
- No. 11 in the U.S. and No. 24 in the world for hospitality and tourism management (ShanghaiRankings)
- No. 4 most prominent retailing institution in the world based on faculty research impact (International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management)
- Six research centers and institutes
- In 2017, HRSM increased faculty research productivity by more than 50% with more than 120 peer-reviewed journal articles and more than 135 academic presentations around the world.