- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- George Hendry Ed.D., C.C.E., C.E.C.
Faculty and Staff
George Hendry, Ed.D., C.C.E., C.E.C.
|Title:||Director, McCutchen House
|Department:||School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
|Office:||McCutchen House Room 301|
- Ed.D., Organizational Leadership, Argosy University, Sarasota, Fla., 2006
- M.S., Teaching, Marygrove College, Detroit, Mich., 2000
- B.S., Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism, East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg Penn., 1998
- A .S., Culinary Arts, Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, N.Y., 1982
- Vocational Director Certificate,Temple University, Philadelphia, Penn., 2013
- K–12 Principal Certificate, East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg Penn., 2010
George Hendry serves as director of the McCutchen House and senior lecturer in the School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management and coordinates the Culinary Institute at Carolina, located in the McCutchen House. Prior to coming to the University of South Carolina, Hendry opened and operated local restaurants in the Poconos of Pennsylvania, and later opened two of of his own restaurants. As a result of those experiences, Hendry was given the opportunity to teach at the high school career institute where he was an educator for 25 years. During that time, Hendry was also able to teach college courses to high school students at the local university through the NOW program at Pennsylvania Career of Technology.
Hendry's professional certifications include ServSafe, ProStart, Manage First and ServSafe Alcohol.
- Culinary arts instructor, Monroe Career and Technical Institute (MCTI)
- Instructor, East Stroudsburg University, Pennsylvania Career of Technology, Penn. State Satellite
- Restaurant owner
- Start-up consultant for restaurants
- Manage First
- ServSafe Alcohol
Honors and awards
- Black Belt, Tang Soo Do
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Outstanding Instructor — 2003–2004, Monroe Career and Technical Institute
- HRTM 110 – Intro to Hospitality Management
- Chef du Jour Classes
- Member, American Culinary Federation
- Foodservice Industry
- Culinary Arts