The 18th annual Sport Entertainment and Venues Tomorrow (SEVT) Conference set a number of records in 2014 while bringing in some of the biggest and brightest industry stars to the area on November 19-21 at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.
One of the largest and most prestigious sport and entertainment conferences in the country, the 2014 SEVT Conference set a record for number of college and universities represented (37), total attendance (350) and the most companies ever represented at the career / internship fair (25).
In addition, a record number of case cup teams registered as the University of Cincinnati, Jacksonville University, University of Tampa, Slippery Rock University, University of Nebraska – Kearney, University of Missouri, University of Dayton, University of Tennessee – Martin and University of South Carolina all fielded teams. In a two-division format, Southeastern Conference rivals Missouri and South Carolina advanced in their respective groups to face off in the finals where the University of South Carolina won the 2014 SEVT Case Cup Competition.
Speakers from the industry included the Charlotte Hornets, Zach Brown’s Southern Ground, Feld Entertainment, Inc., Live Nation, AEG Live, IMG Learfield Ticket Solutions, Darlington International Raceway, and Cirque du Soleil to name a few. In addition, the conference hosted 30 research presentations, 15 interactive panel sessions, multiple research poster presentations and a law symposium.
Award highlights on the 2014 conference included the following:
- Lifetime Achievement in Sport and Entertainment Award: Kenneth Feld, Chairman and CEO of Feld Entertainment, Inc.
- Pioneer in Sport and Entertainment Award: Jane Kleinberger, Founder of Paciolan
- International Executive in Sport and Entertainment Award: Craig and Paul Lovett, Partners of Incognitus
- IAVM Region 5 Distinguished Service Award: George Cook, retired Allied Member of IAVM and Delta Graphic, Inc.
- Corporate Sponsorship Award: Contemporary Service Corporation
- Friend of the Conference Award: Mich Sauers, President of GFS Associates
- Friend of the Conference Award: Trey Ellis, USC Police Department IT
The College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management and the Department of Sport and Entertainment Management at the University of South Carolina are proud to host the SEVT Conference and look forward to once again hosting the event as it shifts to the spring for the first time next school year. The 19th annual SEVT Conference will take place March 16-18, 2016.