By Allen Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on November 12, 2019
Calling all Gamecock fashionistas!
The University of South Carolina’s Department of Retailing, UofSC Trademark Licensing and IMG College Licensing are teaming up to provide two UofSC students with a free trip to New York City to represent UofSC at New York Fashion Week in February 2020.
IMG College Licensing's Collegiate Experience at NYFW: The Shows is an experiential learning opportunity that takes an exclusive group of students from all over the country behind the scenes at one of the world’s premier fashion industry events to enrich their education and create career connections.
Show your Gamecock pride and your fashion business know-how by entering your garnet and black fashion influencer blog. Check out the details on how to enter below for a chance to represent UofSC at NYFW, including travel to and from New York City, hotel accommodations and exclusive entry into select New York Fashion Week events.
All students enrolled at UofSC for the spring semester in 2020 may enter. Students under 18 will need parental permission if selected.
How to enter
- To apply, create a fashion blog or create a new post (or series of posts) to your existing fashion blog. For students creating a new blog, the Department of Retailing suggests Wix.com as a free platform.
- The entry must feature licensed UofSC-themed fashion items (clothes and/or accessories).
- No purchase is required.
- Students are encouraged to promote their blog posts via social media, and social media promotion will be considered by the judges. Hashtags #NYFW and #UofSC are encouraged.
- Blog posts must include a clear disclosure that they are part of an application entry to be selected to represent UofSC at NYFW.
- To apply, students must email a link to their blog entry and any relevant social media posts from their UofSC email address to Prof. Daniela Jankovska, email@example.com. Applications should include the student’s full name and major.
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on December 1, 2019.
All eligible applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on December 1, 2019, will be considered. The applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Department of Retailing faculty. Two students will be selected.
Entries will be evaluated based on:
- demonstrated interest in the fashion industry;
- creativity in styling and spotlighting UofSC products in the blog post;
- demonstration of social media and/or fashion marketing skills, and;
- professionalism and ability to represent UofSC well as a student ambassador.
The winners will be announced Dec. 5, 2019. Students may email Daniela Jankovska, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Department of Retailing is part of UofSC’s College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management. The department offers an undergraduate degree in retailing with areas of emphasis in either retail management or fashion merchandising.
The University of South Carolina and IMG College Licensing are providing two students the chance to go to New York Fashion Week as part of the learning experience at UofSC. Travel to and from New York City and hotel accommodations will be provided for the two chosen students, along with entry into select Fashion Week events.
All University of South Carolina students who are enrolled in the spring 2020 semester are eligible to apply. Students under 18 will need parental permission if selected.
The chosen students will be announced publicly. The chosen students understand and agree that they (1) grant the University of South Carolina and the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management and IMG College Licensing, in perpetuity, the right to record (both audio and visual) and publicize or otherwise make use of, in any manner and in any medium, the names, images, likenesses and history of the chosen students and the blog posts they submit for application, and all aspects of the trip to New York, and (2) waive any and all claims against the University of South Carolina and the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management, IMG College Licensing, their employees and agents, arising out of or resulting in any manner from the students’ participation in New York Fashion Week.