Posted on: June 4, 2019
Updated on July 25, 2019
By: Allen Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org
The results are in!
Thanks to all who participated for making the #SummerGoals contest a success and for making the judges' decisions very difficult. The winners are:
$50 gift card to Barefoot Outfitters, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights — Spencer Swearingen: I honestly could not be more ecstatic about coming to the great University of South Carolina starting in fall 2019. I lived in Henderson, Nevada (a city just outside of Las Vegas) for my freshman year of high school. This year my best friends Benjamin and Seneca and I went cliff diving off of a drop of over 20 feet into Lake Mojave in the small town of Searchlight, Nevada.
$25 gift card to Blue Flour Bakery — Lauren Coffman: This summer I have the amazing opportunity of interning with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL! As a media relations intern, I'm able to learn the ins and outs of PR as it pertains to the professional sports industry; writing press releases, creating bios for media guides and working in InDesign are just a few examples of how I'm effectively learning and growing in this role.
$25 gift card to Blue Flour Bakery — Jessica Rhinesmith: Started off my summer by Czeching out a new country on my HRSM study abroad.
Two free tickets to see Gryffin perform live at The Senate (formerly Music Farm) — Michelle Doan: Working my dream internship with Kleinfeld Bridal in New York City. I've been granted the pleasure of meeting designers such as Randy Fenoli, Tony Ward, Pnina Tornai, Hayley Paige, and Enaura.
$50 gift card to Chick-fil-A, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights — Sarah Supan: I guess you could say I’m making a splash in my marketing internship this summer! (Interning at Nantahala Outdoor Center.)
View all photo entries at our Facebook album!
The period for entering has now closed. Information about voting for the People's Choice award will be posted soon. All finalist entries will also be posted as soon as judging is completed.
Share your epic summer experiences!
Send us photographs of your summer experiences for a chance to win the #SummerGoals Photo Contest hosted by the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management! Open to all University of South Carolina students, enter your best photo showing the moments and experiences that are making 2019 a brag-worthy summer.
#SummerGoals is all about making the most of summer. Working a dream internship, exploring new places, taking a class, volunteering, enjoying a hobby you're passionate about, and so much more — summertime is full of opportunity to learn, experience and discover.
- 1st Place: $50 gift card to Barefoot Outfitters, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights.
- 2nd Place: $25 gift card to Blue Flour Bakery.
- People’s Choice: $50 gift card to Chick-fil-A, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights.
- Most Creative: Two free tickets to see Gryffin perform live at The Senate (formerly Music Farm).
A panel of judges will determine the winners of the 1st, 2nd, and Most Creative Prizes. The People’s Choice winner will be determined by the entry with the most “votes” on social media. All entries will be posted on Facebook in an album and there will be one week of voting. Votes will be tallied by likes, comments and shares — limit one comment per person.
- Capturing the theme
- Photo quality / composition
- Bonus points for incorporating Gamecock pride (spurs up, garnet and black, a UofSC flag etc.)
Eligibility and Rules
- Open to all University of South Carolina students (including incoming freshmen).
- Photo must have been taken between May 12, 2019 and July 7, 2019.
- You must have the rights to the photo you are entering.
- Maximum of two entries per person.
- Original photo may be requested for finalist entries.
- Any photo that contains profanity, nudity or any content that goes against the Carolinian Creed will be disqualified and not appreciated.
Questions? Send us an email at email@example.com.