By Allen Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on July 14, 2020
Updated on August 14, 2020
The results are in!
Thanks to all who participated for making the #MomentMakers contest a success.
The winner is Sport and Entertainment Management student Shreyas Saboo! His photo of Coach Will Muschamp celebrating last season's win over Georgia received the most votes. Shreyas wins a $50 Barefoot Outfitters gift card and HRSM-themed gifts.
Second place goes to Sport and Entertainment Management alumna Layne Shinaberry for her photo from March Madness in Columbia, and third place to Tourism Management student Savannah Salazar for her photo of QB Ryan Hilinski and others celebrating that same win over Georgia.
Congratulations to the winners!
1st Place Winner: Shreyas Saboo, Sport and Entertainment Management major
Shreyas Saboo captured Will Muschamp celebrating last season's win over the University of Georgia.
2nd Place: Layne Shinaberry, '20, Sport and Entertainment Management graduate
Layne Shinaberry poses with a friend on the Colonial Life Arena basketball court during March Madness.
3rd place winner Savannah Salazar
Savannah Salazar snapped this photo of quarterback Ryan Hilinski and others celebrating last season's win over Georgia.
During these strange times we are all missing a summer of sports, festivals, travel and more. Help us celebrate the good times had and those to come by sharing your best photos in the #MomentMakers Photo Contest!
This photo contest is hosted by the University of South Carolina’s College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management, and we are moment makers. Crafting exceptional experiences that make life more vibrant is what we’re all about.
Enter the #MomentMakers contest by sharing your best photo of a memorable sport, entertainment, hospitality, tourism, retail or fashion experience. The photo can be from any time in your life and should capture an experience that is special to you and inspires your love for our industries.
What are those moments that make you smile? Maybe it’s a photo of that time you got to go to the World Series, or your big retail internship, or that first time you traveled abroad! Or maybe it’s that dinner you shared with friends at your favorite restaurant. All moments, big and small, are welcomed!
You don’t have to be in the photo, but you must own the rights to the photo in order to enter it. Please include a caption that ties to the contest theme and explains why this moment is memorable to you.
Enter by August 2!
Please read the eligibility and rules below before entering.
- Open to all University of South Carolina students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- To enter, simply email email@example.com and include:
- Your name, major and graduation year (planned graduation year for current students).
- The photo(s) you would like to enter (limit two). Please include as an attachment.
- A caption that explains why this moment is special to you / how it ties to the contest theme.
An album of all the entries will be posted on the College of HRSM Facebook page and the photo with the most “votes” will win! Votes will be tallied by likes, comments and shares — limit one comment per person.
The first-place winner will receive a $50 gift card to Barefoot Outfitters, and a Gamecock prize pack. First, second and third place winners will also win bragging rights and will be recognized on the college’s social media channels and building.
Eligibility and Rules:
- Open to all University of South Carolina students (including incoming freshmen) and alumni.
- You must have the rights to the photo you are entering.
- Maximum of two entries per person.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. August 2, 2020.
- Original photo may be requested if the version sent does not meet HRSM quality standards.
- Any photo that contains profanity, nudity or any content that goes against the Carolinian Creed will be disqualified and not appreciated.
By entering this contest you are granting permission and rights to the University of South Carolina’s College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management to publish your photo on its social media and website channels as well as in other formats in perpetuity.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.