The results are in! Congratulations to 1st Place winner Brian Dardis, People's Choice winner Olivia Cook, 2nd Place winner Laeticia Amihere and People's Choice runner-up Maddi McLean! Head to the HRSM Facebook page to check out all the entries.
The #WorkHardPlayHard Photo Contest hosted by the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management invited all University of South Carolina students, alumni, faculty and staff to enter their best pictures showing the moments and experiences that are making the summer of ’21 memorable.
#WorkHardPlayHard is all about making the most of summer. Working at an internship or other job, launching your own business, exploring new places, taking a class, volunteering, enjoying a hobby you're passionate about, and so much more — summertime is full of opportunity to learn, experience and discover.
- 1st Place: $50 gift card to Barefoot Outfitters, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights.
- People’s Choice: $50 gift card to Fit Columbia, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights.
- People’s Choice Runner-Up: $25 gift card to Drip coffee house (locations on Main St. and in Five Points)
A panel of judges will determine the 1st place winner based on the criteria below . The People’s Choice winners will be determined by the entry with the most “votes” (likes and comments) on HRSM social media channels. Entrants will be notified when the contest album has been posted for voting.
- Capturing the theme
- Photo quality / composition
- Bonus points for incorporating Gamecock pride (spurs up, garnet and black, a UofSC flag etc.)
Eligibility and Rules
- Submit photos to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. EDT July 14.
- Include your name and major (for current students) or degree and graduation year (for alumni).
- Include a caption telling us where you are and how you’re working hard or playing hard (or both) this summer!
- Open to all University of South Carolina students (including incoming freshmen), alumni, faculty and staff.
- Photo must have been taken between May 10, 2021 and July 14, 2021.
- Contest entrants must be in the photo.
- You must have the rights to the photo you are entering.
- Maximum of two entries (photos) per person.
- Original photo may be requested for finalist entries.
- Any photo that contains profanity, nudity or any content that goes against the Carolinian Creed will be disqualified and not appreciated.
By entering this contest you are granting permission and rights to the University of South Carolina’s College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management to publish your photo on its social media and website channels as well as in other formats in perpetuity.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.