The #WorkHardPlayHard Photo Contest, hosted by the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management, invites all University of South Carolina students, alumni, faculty and staff to enter their best pictures showing the moments and experiences that are making the summer of ’22 memorable.
Congratulations to the winners! Click here to see all the entries.
First place: Eleanor Pulliam, Retailing
People's Choice: Raymond Parrilla, Tourism Management
Second place: Ashlyn Ooi, Master of International Hospitality and Tourism Management
People's Choice runner-up: Madelyn Miller, Sport and Entertainment Management
Thanks to all who entered and voted, and to our sponsors for providing prizes!
#WorkHardPlayHard is all about making the most of summer. Working at an internship or other job, launching your own business, exploring new places, taking a class, volunteering, enjoying a hobby you're passionate about, and so much more — summertime is full of opportunity to learn, experience and discover.
- 1st Place: $25 gift card to Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea, $25 gift card to Barefoot Outfitters, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights.
- Runner-Up: $25 gift card to Village Idiot Pizza.
- People’s Choice: $50 gift card to Fit Columbia, Gamecock prize pack, and bragging rights.
- People’s Choice Runner-Up: $25 gift card to Cool Beans Coffee Co.
A panel of judges will determine the 1st place winner based on the criteria below . The People’s Choice winners will be determined by the entry with the most “votes” (likes and comments) on HRSM social media channels. Entrants will be notified when the contest album has been posted for voting.
- Capturing the theme
- Photo quality / composition
- Bonus points for incorporating Gamecock pride (spurs up, garnet and black, a UofSC flag etc.)
Eligibility and Rules
- Submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or via direct message on the College of HRSM Facebook, Twitter or Instagram platforms by 11:59 p.m. EDT July 10.
- Include your name and major (for current students) or degree and graduation year (for alumni) or job title (for faculty and staff).
- Include a caption telling us where you are and how you’re working hard or playing hard (or both) this summer!
- Open to all University of South Carolina students (including incoming freshmen), alumni, faculty and staff.
- Photo must have been taken between May 9, 2022 and July 10, 2022.
- Contest entrants must be in the photo.
- You must have the rights to the photo you are entering.
- Maximum of two entries (photos) per person.
- Original photo may be requested for finalist entries.
- Any photo that contains profanity, nudity or any content that goes against the Carolinian Creed will be disqualified and not appreciated.
By entering this contest you are granting permission and rights to the University of South Carolina’s College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management to publish your photo on its social media and website channels as well as in other formats in perpetuity.
Questions? Send us an email at email@example.com.