- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Jessica Pack Chavis M.S.
Faculty and Staff
Jessica Pack Chavis, M.S.
|Department:||School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
M.S., Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management, University of South Carolina
B.S., Business Administration, Management Concentration, Winthrop University
Jessica Pack Chavis earned her master's degree in hotel, restaurant, and tourism management from the University of South Carolina and her bachelor of science in business administration with a management concentration from Winthrop University.
Prior to coming to UofSC, Chavis worked as food and beverage director at the Forest Lake Club, clubhouse manager at Columbia Country Club, assistant manager at DeBordieu Club and food and beverage service manager at Benvenue Country Club.
Chavis serves as the group leader for the student chapter of Club Managers Association of America.
Honors and awards
- HRTM Teacher of the Year 2019
- Club Managers Association of America, Carolinas Chapter of CMAA
- HRTM 285 – Club Management
- HRTM 290 – Hospitality Internship
- HRTM 344 – Personnel Organization and Supervision
- HRTM 362 – Wedding Planning and Management
- HRTM 585 – Advanced Club Management
- HRTM 591 – Golf Tourism
- HRTM 592 – Golf Tourism, Consumer Services
- HRTM 593 – Golf Tourism, Supervisory Skills
- HRTM 594 – Golf Tourism, Leadership Skills
Areas of expertise
- Club Management
- Quality Customer Service
- Large Golf Tournament Staffing and Employee Preparation
- Employee Engagement
- Event Management and Planning