Faculty and Staff
Nkem Kyle Elekwa
|College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management|
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, N.C: Master of Health
and Human Performance, recreation and parks management with a concentration in parks and
recreation travel tourism and commercial recreation, May 2011
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, N.C: Bachelor of Art in Hospitality Management, hospitality management with a concentration in travel and tourism management; minor in business, July 2009
Kyle Elekwa comes to the College of HRSM from Durham Technical Community College in Durham, N.C., where he served as an international student advisor and study abroad advisor. Prior to his time at Durham, Elekwa worked at North Dakota State University in Fargo, N.D., in the Office of International Programs as an international student advisor and programming specialist. Elekwa has also served as a graduate and teaching assistant at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro. He has four years of hospitality industry experience in event planning, catering, and hotel and restaurant management.
Elekwa was born in San Bernardina, Calif., but was raised in South Eastern Nigeria.
Honors and awards
- Nkem K. Elekwa. (2008). Rene Campbell Memorial Scholarship, Tourism Cares Academic and Professional Development Scholarships.
- Cardenas, D. A., Elekwa, N.K. (2010). Visitor study of the Rio Ayampe Region, Ecuador South America. UNCG Kohler Funds for International Programs.
- NAFSA member since 2012 (National Association of Foreign Student Advisers)
- NCAIE member (North Carolina Association of International Educators)
- National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH)