- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Kristy Paradise Ellison
Faculty and Staff
Kristy Paradise Ellison, CPA, MACC
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- MAcc, University of South Carolina, 1997
- B.S., Business Administration - Concentration in Accounting, University of South Carolina Aiken, 1995
- Certificate in Higher Education, American College of Education, 2019
Kristy Paradise Ellison serves as an instructor in the Department of Retailing in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sports Management. Prior to joining the faculty at the University of South Carolina, Ellison served as the business administration program director and accounting instructor at the Technical College of the Lowcountry in Beaufort, South Carolina. Ellison began her career in academia in 2000 teaching at Aiken Technical College. She has taught courses in accounting principles, cost accounting, intermediate accounting, computerized accounting, payroll accounting, governmental/not-for-profit accounting, business ethics and law, personal finance and business math.
Ellison earned her Masters of Accountancy from the University of South Carolina in 1997. While a student, Ellison was inducted into Beta Alpha Psi. Ellison started working in a local CPA firm in 1994. She has been a certified public accountant since 1999, and maintains an active license in South Carolina. Ellison participates in more than 40 hours of continuing professional education every year, and owns Kristy Paradise Ellison, CPA, LLC, where she consults and works with tax clients.
Ellison’s experience has included owning and operating a local pet store and a fitness center/tanning salon. Ellison also has served as a CFO and controller for regional construction companies.
Ellison is married to Donnie and they have four children, three grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. In her spare time, Ellison enjoys reading, camping and hiking.
- RETL 261 – Principles of Accounting I
- RETL 262 – Principles of Accounting II
- South Carolina Association of Accounting Educators
- President of Faculty Senate, Technical College of Lowcountry, 2018-2019
- Conference Committee Member, South Carolina Association of Accounting Educators, 2020