- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Robert Lybrand MBA, B.S.
Faculty and Staff
Robert Lybrand, MBA, B.S.
|Department:||School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
Ph.D. candidate, Higher Education Administration — Educational Leadership, Liberty
University, Lynchburg, Va.
MBA, Hospitality, Johnson and Wales University, Providence, R.I., 2016
M.A., Management and Leadership, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va., 2014
B.S., Food Service Management, Johnson and Wales University, Charlotte N.C., 2007
A.A., Culinary Arts, Johnson and Wales University, Charleston S.C., 2005
Robert "Robby" Lybrand has more than 22 years of experience in the restaurant and foodservice industry. During that time he has held many positions such as executive chef, restaurant owner, catering director and food and beverage director. Lybrand has also worked in several different sectors of the foodservice and hospitality industry, including private clubs, corporate restaurants, private restaurants, as well as a corporate theme park restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, in Walt Disney World.
Most recently, Lybrand has spent the past six years at H. B. Swofford Career Center in Spartanburg, S.C., where he implemented and taught the culinary arts program. While there, he started the Culinary Arts Competition Team, which has competed for and placed in the state ProStart competition each year. Lybrand also oversaw all of the catering and fundraising functions within the school.
- H. B. Swofford Career Center — 2015 Teacher of the Year
- Johnson and Wales University — 2007 University Fellow
- HRTM 160 – Breads, Pasta and Sauces
- HRTM 168 – Tailgating 101
- HRTM 169 – ServSafe
- HRTM 270 – Quantity Food Production
- South Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association
- National Restaurant Association
- National Restaurant Association Education Foundation
- ProStart Educator
- Kansas City BBQ Society
- University of South Carolina Gamecock Club
- ServSafe Certified
- ServSafe Proctor Certified
- ServSafe Instructor Certified
- Read 2 Succeed, South Carolina Department of Education
- South Carolina Teaching Certification
- Certified Kansas City BBQ Society Judge
- Certified Kansas City BBQ Society Table Captain