- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Scott Taylor Jr., Ph.D.
Faculty and Staff
Scott Taylor, Jr., Ph.D.
Wine & Beverage Institute Assistant Director
|Department:||Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
|LinkedIn:||My LinkedIn profile|
- Ph.D., Hospitality Management, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, 2018
- M.S., University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 2012
- B.S., University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 2009
Scott Taylor, Jr., Ph.D., an alumnus of the School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management at the University of South Carolina, works as an assistant professor in HRTM, as well as serving as the Wine & Beverage Institute assistant director. Before returning to South Carolina, Taylor worked at the Hilton College of Global Hospitality Leadership at the University of Houston. Prior to his career in academia, he spent 15-plus years in the food, beverage and retail industries, including management-level positions with DMK Restaurant’s, Francesca’s Restaurants and Gap Inc. Taylor has authored or co-authored 20-plus peer-reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings. He has also served as a chef instructor for the South Carolina State Farmer’s Market Produce Safety University and is a founding member of the Carolina Dining Sustainability Working Group.
In his spare time, Taylor is an avid marathon and (striving) ultra-marathon runner.
- Food and beverage operations and consumer behavior
- Craft beer operations and consumer behavior
- Consumer segmentation within the food and beverage industry
Honors and awards
- Member of Eta Sigma Delta — International Hospitality Management Honor Society
- International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education
- Certified Beer Server with the Cicerone Program