Faculty and Staff
Donna Watts, M.S.
M.S., B.S., A.A., Certified Diamontologist
|Department:||Department of Retailing
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
Carolina Coliseum Room 1002
M.S., Textiles and Clothing, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, S.C.
B.S., Fashion Merchandising, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, S.C.
A.A., Fashion Merchandising, Anderson University, Anderson, S.C.
Certified Diamontologist, Diamond Council of America, Nashville, Tenn.
Donna Watts is an instructor in the Department of Retailing in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management. She received her Master of Science in Textiles and Clothing from Winthrop University in Rock Hill, S.C. She received a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising from Winthrop University. Ms. Watts is a Certified Diamontologist with the Diamond Council of America. She has taught in the College of HRSM since 2009.
Before teaching at USC, Ms. Watts worked in the retail industry for eight years in various capacities, including management of two jewelry stores for a large corporation. Ms. Watts also has a variety of business experience outside of retail, including co-ownership and management of construction companies in both Nashville, Tenn., and Houston, Texas for more than 14 years. Additionally, she has years of experience in both advertising and marketing.
In her spare time, Ms. Watts enjoys traveling, snow skiing, and SCUBA diving. She is the mother of two boys and is an active member of a local church.
ITEC 242 – Business Communications
RETL 462 – Merchandising Management Strategy
RETL 388 – Fashion Forecasting
RETL 365 – Visual Merchandising
RETL 265 – Principles of Retailing
- Member, Women’s Leadership Institute Committee, Provost’s Advisory Committee on Women’s Issues
- Member, HRSM Student Academic Responsibilities Committee (2017-2018)
- Volunteer, USC Move-In Crew (2017)
- Member, HRSM Social Activities Committee (2013-2016)
- Reviewer/Judge of four graduate thesis presentations, Discover USC (2017)
- Networker/Evaluator, HRSM Alumni Society Career Night (2016, 2017)
- Student advisor, Mutual Expectations Workshop, Student Success Center (2017)
- HRSM College Participant, American Heart Association’s Midland’s Heart Walk (2017)
- Fundraising Coordinator, organized six fundraising fashion shows raising over $6K for various local charities including Make-A-Wish South Carolina (2010 – 2012)
- Interviewee, WACH Fox News TV (Columbia), USC Student Fashion Show
- Interviewee, WLTX-TV (Columbia), Student Show for Charity
- Warehouse volunteer, Harvest Hope Food Bank’s Annual Food Drive (2017)
- Volunteer, Meadowfield Elementary School’s Mother’s Day project (2017)