The Creativity in Music Awards support music students who pursue inventive projects while offering a framework for expanding boundaries, taking chances and discovering their personal voice.
- Familiarizing students with grant application processes
- Cultivating and recognizing student creativity
- Fostering innovation and experimentation
- Broadening understanding of student success
- Engaging with non-musicians, underserved communities, and discovering new audiences
- Exploring professional life skills include communication, community engagement, relationship building, financial awareness, event management
Creativity in Music projects reflect the diversity of student interests at the School of Music.
• Student organized studio collaborations
• Educational Events and Creative Presentations
• Community Programming and Interactive Events
• Service or Issue Driven Causes
• Other student-driven events involving musical performance and an audience
|11/06||Proposals due by 5:00 p.m.|
|Build partnerships, finalize plans, perform project and capture event.|
|04/02||Project Summaries due by 5:00 p.m.
Part 1 - Brief Video (2-5 min) summarizing the project.
Part 2 - Submission Form describing the proposal process, project developments, lessons learned, and next steps.
|04/15||Awards announcement during the School of Music Awards Day.|
Eligible applicants include all UofSC students enrolled in at least one music class. Proposals may come from individuals or teams involving at least one music student. Finalists receive individual consultation, up to $250 to support project expenses, and are eligible for awards totaling $3000. Judges have discretion over the quantity and amount of the awards.
Members of the Spark team are available to consult about project design and the application process. If you have questions or would like to meet with someone, email email@example.com.
Applications are to be completed using the online submission process.
Late proposals or project summaries will not be accepted.