USC Music Community
The Music Community, also called the MC, is located in Woodrow, an apartment-style residential hall operated by USC Housing. The MC brings together first-year and returning students who are well-rounded musicians who strive to succeed in the classroom as well as the practice room. This community is structured to allow music majors and minors to have a traditional on-campus living experience while learning from and enjoying the company of other student musicians.
Students living in the music community can:
- Enroll in courses together, such as MUSC 100, as well as appropriate ear training and theory sections.
- Attend concerts and guest artist presentations as a group.
- Participate in field trips to cultural events.
- Develop group study opportunities.
- Find peer mentoring/tutoring services.
- Coordinate activities for community service.
To be considered for admission to the music community housing, students must submit a completed housing application and music community application in accordance with USC Housing’s deadlines.
The University of South Carolina also offers a wealth of on-campus living accommodations for undergraduates and graduates. For further information concerning housing, contact the University Housing Office, 1215 Blossom Street, Columbia, SC 29208 (803) 777-4283; or email: email@example.com.